So I wasn’t always writing during NaNo. And yes, okay, I’m told I’m bad at naming things….
I was looking for more gold-lustered green tea 11/0 beads to make another set of Criosol earrings; the beadstore that usually had them was out. So I ran a search and found a place called Fusionbeads that had that color and no few others I didn’t have, including these cranberry twisted bugles and the dragonfruit purple beads. Never being one to turn down new options for shinies, I ordered a small amount of a whole bunch of things they had that I hadn’t seen elsewhere. NaNo ate up most of my time for the past month, but at one point I did get to sit down with the new beads and poke at least one color combo. This is it. 🙂
Tried out two things I don’t usually do on this set. The first is more visible – I used more of the dark colors in the top stripes as opposed to the lighter ones. The second is not visible; and supposed to be that way.
In brief, one of the beading books I recently got my hands on illustrated a thread-hiding technique, specifically so no edge threads show on the tapering top. I’m still not practiced enough to do it without referring to the book diagrams, but it does seem to work… so long as I add a few extra twists and pass-throughs the book does not mention, to give that pair of edge beads a bit more stability.
Thoughts and comments welcome; and if you’re looking for shinies, the “about me” page has a link.
(Shinies are fun! They let my brain rest from wrestling with words. And over time, they pay for book covers! 😉 )