Managed to knock off not just the challenge scene, but two more (much smaller, yes) Problem Areas in the rough of Seeds of Blood this weekend. *Thud*
I’ve checked through the rough again, and I am down to five defined Problem Areas.
Mind, at least one of those is a big one.
Still. Down to five, from somewhere over 20 or so. (More popped out as I handled my original list. So it goes.) This is progress.
….I’m still trying to convince the rest of me this is progress. That last big fix took about two weeks. Geh.
I did budget for that time, fortunately. Looking at how many edit runs I’ll still need to do after these problems are fixed – I still think late summer/early fall. But whoof.
Today was not very productive in actual writing, but I think I may at least have the shape of how to fix the next problem. *Knocks on wood!*